Wednesday 9 November 2016

Kicking my ass

So we're upto Wednesday, its raining outside, I'm hungry, the pool water is cold, and I'm struggling to get through the day. Time for a quick training recap!
Monday - 7k lunchtime run that felt really, really slow. In reality it wasnt slow at all, and was just a few seconds off the time last week for the same loop. Decent bit of pacing now should see me improve as the weeks go on...
Tuesday - 40 laps at lunch knocked out in a quick 34.34 (1719m) felt really good in the water and wasnt too pushed. Could have done without the nobber in my lane speeding up everytime I came to overtake, but as a session I was more than happy with the pace and fitness.
BONUS ROUND - Tuesday night spinning was a 40 minute strength and power session which truely kicked my ass. This followed by a quick calisthetics session meant I fell asleep watching family guy, needed 2 pee's in the night, and am now struggling to move my legs / arms / shoulders etc etc etc.
Today - 40 laps of the pool at lunch, this may go down to 30 depending on if I decide to train with paddles or not. shoulders are sore!

Probably no football tonight as I've promised my wife some time to herself swimming, its cold, its wet, and I quite fancy a little PS3 session.

Veggie chilli for tea. Boo.
O

No comments:

Post a Comment