Friday 23 September 2016

Reason for the Ironman experience - A journey through science

As a kid I was always chubby. Not obese, not skinny, just a little on the big side - I had boobs, a bit of a belly, bloody large thighs and normally epic hair. Fortunately as I hit Uni I discovered the gym and noticed the Mesomorph inside me was trying to get out.
Fast forward into my mid 30's and thankfully the mesomorph is still here - Shoulders? Thighs? Guns? all big despite my dropping T levels. Excellent for playing rugby, doing sprints in the pool, and generally impressing the girls as I drive my Harley past the school gates (bonus point for anyone who notices that reference). not so good for endurance sports - all this weight has got to be carried up (and down) hills, and all this mass needs more energy to fuel it.


So here is the rub - Can I drop weight (5-10kg), keep my strength (grrrrr!) improve my muscle tone (damn I'm pretty!) and still manage to complete?
What's my body going to look like after 12 months of training (ish...) whilst still trying to play union and live life normally.
Let the (un)scientific experiment commence.
September 23rd - 82kg and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment